How About a Jumbo Co Op

Woohoo! Congrats! I am loving mine!
I had hatched some standard, bred-for-color coturnix at the same time, half hatched the day before and the rest the same day. The SIZE difference between these quail, brooded and fed just the same, is outrageous!

mine are due to start hatching tonight....it's making me crazzzzy to wait.
i have some of my pharoah eggs in with Buttercup's eggs....that should be interesting since i've been told that mine are small even for pharoahs...LOL
The good LORD willing, i'll get a decent hatch..i'll have to wait and see though since my temps were acting wonky during the first couple days for no apparent reason...
barnie.gif

I wound up with 21 out of 36. Two more pipped but didn't make it out of the shell. Other 13 are still in the bator, but I'm pretty sure theyre done

Quote:
OK ButterCup,
The eggs you sent me, THANKS AGAIN BTW, started hatching exactly 2 weeks ago. When I went to bed at around 11 sunday night, I posted in this thread, I had 7 in the brooder. I just picked 10 and weighed them. I went for the smallest first. The lightest 2 I could find were 3.2 and 3.4. The heaviest one was 3.8. There were 3 that weighed 3.8, I spent more time looking for the heavy one than the lightest one for sure. A 3.8 oz bird looks a LOT bigger than a 3.2oz bird... You got me by .1 oz, there will always be next week!!! thanks, Bill

well they surely are slooooooooow to hatch! i am still getting chickpeas. so far 9 have hatched since 6 yesterday evening.....
it sure has been a verrrry long night! LOL

Quote:
Awesome! I think you are the only one so far who hatched any! Keep us posted on your hatch

Yes, but she may have sacrificed the Jumbo Browns and her chicks from her very own eggs to get these.

Perhaps once they are all in the brooder she can snap a picture or two and show you All her Whites.
lol.png

Make no mistake they are all Whites.
After all diggy paws will be hatching them next and will want to be prepared. Wouldn't want her to go into shock.
Oh, how I love playing with these birds.

Back
Top Bottom