How bad is it :)

Ginevive

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 19, 2007
I made this little coop last week, before doing much research. I thought that I needed something right away, but the chickens were not brought home yet. I know that it needs reinforcement to keep out predators and snakes.. what I am thinking, is to build something better and just use this as a temporary holding unit when I clean out the main one? I just used chicken wire, 2x4s, and wire. Dirt floor also not a good defense against predators that could dig under.. but I will work on something better before they get here. Your thoughts? It makes a GREAT "workbench" in the barn for now!

howbadisitcoop.jpg

This looks like it would make a great "introductory" coop or nursery/brooder coop at some point. If you're concerned about it's safety regarding predators, place it inside your hen house or coop when they are complete.

Thanks
smile.png
I wanted it small for now, because the hens we are getting were from a place where they were in tiny cages. I only plan on putting 2 in here. I think that for safety, I will use the heavy-gauge hardware cloth or maybe hog wire to go around it. It is in the barn now.

Back
Top Bottom