How big does a pond have to be for a pair of swans?

I just want to thank everyone of you responding to my question. It is realy helpful and I appreciate it.
Looking forward to any other info regarding swans.

Ken McConnell raised thousands of swans in Red Bluff Ca. in ponds that were 10x10 and 2-3ft deep, drained and cleaned 3-4 times a week. I raise many Blackneck swans on small ponds- 20x20- usually 2-3 clutches a yr. Blacks and Coscorobas along with BNs can be kept on very small ponds so long as they have fresh water. The larger northern swans, especially Trumpeters and Whoopers are happiest with at least a 10x10 to 20x20 again with fresh cool water. Bewicks and Whistlers breed best on larger ponds.
Did you plant natural grasses and plants in or near the pond? We have a pair of mute swans and the fenced in pond they're in needs to be redone so we're looking for some guidance on pond material, we're in VT so it gets really cold here which we are told is not a problem bu t they are overwintered off site.

Did you plant natural grasses and plants in or near the pond? We have a pair of mute swans and the fenced in pond they're in needs to be redone so we're looking for some guidance on pond material, we're in VT so it gets really cold here which we are told is not a problem bu t they are overwintered off site.
@tejastropicals has not been on the site since November 1, 2015.
1682617279835.png

I highly doubt you'll get a response. It might be best to start your own thread so individuals with swans can respond to you. :)

Back
Top Bottom