How can i make an automatic egg turner???

Quote:
You'll need to buy the 4 resistors and the potentiometer that I said "change to" on my BYC page.

The circuit board is clearly marked out and tells you where to put each component. In the positions marked R4, R5, R6, R7, you need to put the new ones. Step 10 is the potentiometer. It's obvious where it goes as it's the one with three legs. You can't even install it the wrong way round because the legs are not equidistant. You'll be left with 4 resistors and a potentiometer that are redundant (until your next project). Just pay attention to which way round the components go. All are marked one way or another to be foolproof.
I've said so much about these now that it seems more complicated than it is.
I want you to come back when you've done it and tell all these people how easy it was.

oh, i didn't know, i will try to order them off of the site or go back there as soon as i can
sad.png

Last edited:
i will start to put the rest of the thermostat together but will have to wait for the other bits, i have my motor but i need a 24v power supply, what could i use for this, i would to have most of the incubator done by wednesday as i am going on holiday for 10 days and the i only have a week and a half before i have to go back to school.

i already have a motor, so i dont need that one, i have the bits for the thermostat and have put it together, there is one problem though, what should i use as a twisty thing to put in the horizontal potentiometer???
hmm.png

Quote:
The motor you have is 24v and too fast. The Ebay one is 240v and 1/8th RPM which is better than the one I'm using.
You are much better off using this motor instead of spending your money on a 24v power supply. You can always put the other one back on Ebay.

What I did with the thermostat was to solder three wire ends that I had cut off the resistors into the holes and soldered the potentiometer to those. There is no turny roundy thing with that pot. You adjust with a small screwdriver.

Paul

Quote:
the motor heat might not be a problem.. your thermostat is controling your ceramic heater.. if the motor adds heat, the ceramic heater just will not turn on.. and I doubt that the motor will give off too much heat to make the temp too hot in the bator.. but that is something you will have to check out..

jvls,
The squirrel cage motor gets this hot,without being inside the bator,,I'm afraid if I use it,one day I will come home and the garage will be burned down.I know the added heat is not a big issue,but I wonder just how hot the motor would get if left to run 12 hours or more straight? Ambiant is 40 degrees,,and on a recent 70 degree days,the motor should not have been much warmer than 110 degrees,,I could not hold my hand on it that day either,,

Back
Top Bottom