How can i make an automatic egg turner???

i will see if i have an angle grinder but it's a bit late to consider using it for a floor/back, don't think i would of been able to anyway because i cant cut right up to the sides

hi, when working on the incubator last night i came across a problem, as the trays move up and down the posistion of the rod also changes, if you dont understand what i mean i will try to upload some pictures

Not sure what the problem is dc. Of course the rod will change but you don't say why this is a problem for you. On my design, I tried to keep the rod movement minimal by attaching the rod from the cam to just the bottom tray and connect all the trays at the front end with a completely different rod.
If this doesn't help, you'll need to be more specific.
Sorry for the late reply but I've been away for a few days.

Paul

it is the angle that the rod is at that changes, so say the bottom of the rod is at the back of the incubator in the up posistion, when the tarys are in the down posistion the bottom of the rod moves into the middle of the incubator so it would have been ripped off of the spining disk thingy

Yes. If you fix the arm to the end of the tray/s, you'll get movement. The movement is greatest between the up/down position and the horizontal. If you've already fixed your motor the just fix the arm to the bottom tray and leave the connections loose enough to take the movement. This is the way I did it. And then fixed all the trays together with a second rod at the front. I can then disconnect the top 1/2/3 trays at day 18 whilst still turning the one/s at the bottom
With the amount of space you have available, you could've turned the motor and fixed the arm/cam to the side of the tray. This would mean that, in one direction the arm would have very little movement and in the other direction there would be no movement at all.

Back
Top Bottom