how can I tell which of my rouen ducklings are drakes?

here are the first two again.
LL
LL

Both ducks and drakes have a small patch of color on their wings. Usually it's blue.

Color on the head is definitely a drake, but they only have green heads when they are in nuptial plumage. They will look like the ducks when they are in eclipse plumage.

Voice sexing is the most reliable. The drake feather can get pulled out, so that is not 100% reliable. Also,, some drakes do not have the drake feather when they are in eclipse plumage.

If the ducks are SOP, then you can probably tell by bill color in some breeds But hatchery birds come in all sorts of non-standard colors on their bills and feet, so I wouldn't depend upon bill color for anything but an exhibition quality duckling from a careful show breeder.

Also, with ducklings the color of the bills and feet can change as they mature. And it doesn't work on all breeds.

I have almost two month Rouens and they have the same feathers but both of them are growing blue feathers on their wings

Pebbles who I think is a female has a very distinct quack that is very loud! Pebbles is also smaller than the other one so I think she is a female.

Back
Top Bottom