How do I get rid of/reduce poop smell from Mallard ducklings outside house?

DrBritt

In the Brooder
May 26, 2019
Hi all! I have 5 sweet ducklings + their mom, Emma who hang out outside my windows & it reeks now! I do feed them & they have water in 3 spots; a little bowl, paint pan & big bowl. Now that they are Emmas size, there is a lot of poo & it stinks! They should be flying soon, as they all have prominant blue showing. Last years babies flew & never came back but these guys are more "tame" & comfortable. Any suggestions to reduce the smell in the grass? I pick up what I can, but.... Lol. Thank you!!

Here they are waiting for me to feed them, riiight under the window, lol!!

Attachments

• 20190526_144145.jpg
    20190526_144145.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 14
I don't think that you're supposed to mess with the wild mallards. That may make them move on to better areas. Not sure if you're talking about being in the middle of a city or what. My husband is from there and says you're most likely on some lake. Is that right?

I want them to have a safe place until they are able to fly. I'm by the ocean. The males in this area are really brutal, so the females/ducklings try to find safer areas than the parks. The traffic also takes out a lot of babies. I'll just stop feeding them & then I'll have extra fertilizer, lol.

Back
Top Bottom