How do I incubate duck eggs.

No problem----a lot of people feel it is the amount of water----Its the amount of square inches of surface---the depth has nothing to do with the humidity BUT the depth does determine how long it can last. If you got a slot with a little water in it will not last as long as a slot the same size filled to the top, so fill the slot to the top. You can go to walmarts and get a temp/humidity meter for less than $10 I can not guarantee you they will be correct but a lot better than guessing. Keep in mind some ducks like Muscovy take longer than most ducks to hatch. You need to know what you got and do some homework to have a Good hatch. Good Luck

If I remember correctly the slot meant for water isn't that big... I will be home soon to take pictures and get the brand name of it.

If I remember correctly the slot meant for water isn't that big... I will be home soon to take pictures and get the brand name of it.

In most of the older Styrofoam incubators there was 3 slots----2 smaller---1 on each side of the bigger. The smaller was about 1" wide and a few inches long----should be all you need for the incubation----until hatch time. You just have to keep filling that slot as needed----usually every couple days.

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. My hygrometer should be in soon, but I have eggs hatching Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom