Crazy Duck Lover

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Southern United States 🇺🇸
I’m currently incubating duck eggs in a NR 360. I try to keep my humidity between 50-55% before lockdown. I’m only on day two, but I do a good job of keeping the humidity stable during the day, but when I wake up it says the humidity is 39-40%! Will this effect my hatch rate? How to I keep the humidity stable during the night??

I have much better success when I do not add ANY water before lockdown. Too high of humidity causes the eggs to not lose enough water resulting in large ducklings who often can’t hatch. I would suggest you stop adding any water unless the air cells are getting too big. Momma duck doesn’t control the humidity. If you do not like that idea, then add a room humidifier and get the room humidity up.

I have much better success when I do not add ANY water before lockdown. Too high of humidity causes the eggs to not lose enough water resulting in large ducklings who often can’t hatch. I would suggest you stop adding any water unless the air cells are getting too big. Momma duck doesn’t control the humidity. If you do not like that idea, then add a room humidifier and get the room humidity up.
Thank you for the suggestion

Thank you for the suggestion
I use the same incubator for ducks all the time and I keep it maybe 45 to 65 for the first 25 days then boost it to 65 to 75 for the last 3. And when the hatch is happening, if you get a few to hatch at the same time the humidity will spike into the 80 to 90s sometimes. No big deal. Especially if you have a good warm brooder box or another incubator setup to help you dry them better. That is the only problem I have found with high humidity. I've had 3 100% hatch rates already this year with ducks and chickens. Nothing to complain with the NR 360.

I use the same incubator for ducks all the time and I keep it maybe 45 to 65 for the first 25 days then boost it to 65 to 75 for the last 3. And when the hatch is happening, if you get a few to hatch at the same time the humidity will spike into the 80 to 90s sometimes. No big deal. Especially if you have a good warm brooder box or another incubator setup to help you dry them better. That is the only problem I have found with high humidity. I've had 3 100% hatch rates already this year with ducks and chickens. Nothing to complain with the NR 360.
For sure, it’s an amazing incubator. I was just wondering because a little bit of water would spike my humidity and then soon after it would fall right back down. Turns out the sensor was faulty, so I got a new one and it still works perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom