How do I relocate a nest?

Muscovy-palooza

Songster
Oct 17, 2018
East Tennessee
20190411_082314.jpg
I discovered our Male standing guard outside of one of our buildings that is in need of repair. I have seen him there before but couldn't find a nest or even where I thought that a nest could go.
Well this morning I dug a little deeper and found the little booger. She has put her nest under a coal chute that is falling in. Recently there was a strong odor of poison coming from there. I guess that there must have been a glass bottle (late 1800's farm, old, old before plastic containers). I was already concerned about the spill not sure what is leaching into our soil and then to find a nest right there, not safe for our girl or babies.
After I discovered the hiding place Igore (dad) led her to our Springhouse and they both went inside. It truly looks like they may be looking for a new nesting spot. Now they are trekking further together. They are definatly up to something.
NO EGGS, YAY! I just checked and she must be looking for a place to lay. I will see if I can encourage her to go to a nesting box. I put momma and her two new ducklings in the coop. Maybe if I put them in a crate inside then I can encourage the other duck to lay in the box.

Attachments

• 20190411_090259.jpg
    20190411_090259.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom