How I Saved My Chicken After A Hawk Attack *GRAPHIC WOUND PICS*

That's really wonderful! Thanks for sharing an showing the photos. Pictures always help to compare to things that happen to us so we know if we're on the right path! I had a Silkie attacked by a hawk, but thankfully he had only pecked at her eye. The first one attacked was killed, but this time we were aware of what was going on. We were gone at the time of the other attack, sadly. She was more in shock that anything else and hid all the time. But I kept bringing her out to the feeder and eventually she felt safe again. I also netted her whole run so no hawks could get in... she just didn't know that of course! :) So thanks for sharing this great story!

Thank you!
big_smile.png

She is still happy and healthy! I love that little frizzled butt!

Awww... shucks...
Thanks guys.

I just thought that someone who might be thinking of culling after an attack might think twice.
She is a good chicken and she makes waiting for that first egg worth it! LOL

your story was so incredible! I have often wondered if one of my girls were "hawked" if there was anything that could be done. I count on my 90lb. retriever to help keep them safe- so far so good. Thanks for sharing!! I hope I never am faced with the same situation.

Back
Top Bottom