How is your flock today?

My flock is so tired of the snow, lol. My rooster Blaiddyd only crows at snow, and he was crowing nonstop this morning. A lot of them wanna go run around (I let them free range for a few hours each day) but none of them want the cold feet from the snow. I'm gonna bring them a snack to help with boredom though.

@BlueBaby O-ok sorry I read that wrong. That's very nice of them over no compensation for helping them out. Maybe they will return the favor if you need to get away for a few days. :)

We also have been in the low 30's at night. The water hose only stays frozen for a short time in the morning. I am sure I will have to start draining the hoses when our daytime high isn't much above 32-F.

My flock is so tired of the snow, lol. My rooster Blaiddyd only crows at snow, and he was crowing nonstop this morning. A lot of them wanna go run around (I let them free range for a few hours each day) but none of them want the cold feet from the snow. I'm gonna bring them a snack to help with boredom though.
Is this all their first time around with cold and snow?

O-wow, sounds like you are keeping busy, what do you have in your incubator as far a Breed?
I have blue and black ameraucana roosters and i mixed them with brown leghorn, BJG, GLW, sapphire gem and I forget what else. I also have lavender orp x buff orp and I have blue and Black Ameraucanas. I have a chick hatching today.
These ones are all forming well.
31E685B6-1F07-41DD-BCEF-2423FCCBFD9D.jpeg

While everyone else’s chickens have discovered snow mine have only discovered that they didn’t have to stop laying eggs. I also have many eggs in the Incubator.

I'm not currently incubating. I'm waiting for more of the newer pullet's to start laying. The 7 Silver Grey Dorking pullet's should be the next one's to start laying egg's. They have their own Silver Grey Dorking cockerel in with them. The 10 Aloha chick's in the brooder will be 4 week's old on Monday, and I'll only be keeping the girl's from those as I already have a rooster for them for later.

I have blue and black ameraucana roosters and i mixed them with brown leghorn, BJG, GLW, sapphire gem and I forget what else. I also have lavender orp x buff orp and I have blue and Black Ameraucanas. I have a chick hatching today.
These ones are all forming well.View attachment 2457065

Good luck with your hatch! Those are some pretty blue egg's.

Yup! First winter for them.
It's the first winter for ours also and luckily for them hasn't been super cold yet, a few nights of 26-F so far.

For some odd reason they all seem to love the thin ice on their pool water in the morning and will stand around the pool with their necks stretched out nibbling away at it, kind of funny to watch and hear all their chatter. LOL

If we do get any snow it won't be much and not last for long, so their first time should be interesting to see who likes it or not. :)

Back
Top Bottom