How long do my eggs keep (out of the fridge)?

Beka123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 31, 2012
Hi, I keep seeing and reading about this idea of keeping egg baskets full of eggs on display in your kitchen, but I can't find any info about how long they last! Reason: I came up with the idea to make a beaded wire egg basket with my daughter to collect and display our eggs in (you know, the type of project that will last ALL WEEK... Busy brains and fingers equals not hearing "I'm boooooored," "what can I do!!?" and "mommy!!!" every five seconds!!) but how long will my (unwashed) eggs last on the counter, and does anyone else keep their eggs out? Thanks!

I keep all my duck eggs, and some chicken eggs on the counter: I don't refrigerate them at all since they are better for baking at room temperature. I have had eggs that sat on the counter for up to 3 weeks and only a couple went bad (duck eggs, not chicken). I do refrigerate eggs I sell to my customers though; I live in a state that has nearly as many lawyers as California, so better safe than sorry.
hmm.png

Lots of older threads on this topic so if you don't get a lot of responses, look back a little.

My answer is my eggs last until I use them lol.

My kitchen is cool-ish and I just keep my eggs on the counter. Sometimes I've lost track and am pretty sure I've used eggs that have been there almost a month. I don't have a problem with eggs going bad. I've read they can lose some quality, but not get that nasty rotten egg smell.

You can blow the egg yolk & white out of the egg to make them last forever. It's pretty easy; just take a needle, put it on the top of the egg, take a hammer and softly hammer the needle down until there is a hole in the top of the egg (you can make it bigger if you need to). Do this for the bottom, too. Next, put your mouth on one of the holes and blow! (Only do this with washed egg!)

*** I've read that eggs age faster in one day @ room temperature than they do in one week in the fridge!

You can blow the egg yolk & white out of the egg to make them last forever. It's pretty easy; just take a needle, put it on the top of the egg, take a hammer and softly hammer the needle down until there is a hole in the top of the egg (you can make it bigger if you need to). Do this for the bottom, too. Next, put your mouth on one of the holes and blow! (Only do this with washed egg!)

*** I've read that eggs age faster in one day @ room temperature than they do in one week in the fridge!

I blow eggs out with the bulb from a turkey baster. Poke one tiny hole and one a little bigger. Scramble the egg a bit with the needle, put the baster bulb over the tiny hole and squeeze. So easy and no worries about bacteria. I made some very cute Christmas ornaments with blown eggs and found that I could make much smaller holes with the baster.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom