How long does it take geese to reach full size?

TSW99

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
Tallahassee Fl
like the question above I've just been curious because my geese are already pretty large and they are just a little over four months old. I have read that it could take up to three years to reach their full size is this true? or are they like ducks and chickens that pretty much reach full size in the first year?
I have one more question not worth making another thread.
i have a little Pekin Runner mix that hatched under my broody hen earlier today and it seems the geese want to try to adopt it from broody. The geese are just so fascinated with that little guy and stay just close enough to watch the baby.
here is a link to the video that i took today of the geese
but I'm just curious as to what they are doing.
Thanks
-Travis

It will take at least a year to reach their full height. My male Embden has gotten taller since last winter, he's 1.5 years now. It can possibly take two years to reach their true adult size (height and weight), at least that's what my experience has shown. I know certain breeds like Dewlap Toulouse take longer than say Production Toulouse.

From you clip, it looks like the Embden (?) is keeping them a safe distance away, not too aggressive but enough to say 'you're not part of my brood'. You have some lovely looking birds though :0)

like the question above I've just been curious because my geese are already pretty large and they are just a little over four months old. I have read that it could take up to three years to reach their full size is this true? or are they like ducks and chickens that pretty much reach full size in the first year?
I have one more question not worth making another thread.
i have a little Pekin Runner mix that hatched under my broody hen earlier today and it seems the geese want to try to adopt it from broody. The geese are just so fascinated with that little guy and stay just close enough to watch the baby.
here is a link to the video that i took today of the geese
but I'm just curious as to what they are doing.
Thanks
-Travis
Your geese are very curious but way to young to have the responsibility of raising that Duckling and may even step on it and kill it it happened here so please keep mama hen and duckling in a safe area for a while.

Thank you to everyone for answering my questions i really appreciate it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom