How Long Have You Been Raising Chickens? - OLD

How Long Have You Been Raising Chickens?

• Under 6 Months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Months - 1 Year

• 1 Year

• 2 Years

• 3 Years

• 4 Years

• 5 Years

• 6 Years

• 7 Years

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 8 Years

• 9 Years

• 10 Years

• 11 - 15 Years

• 15 - 20 Years

• Over 20 Years

• No chickens yet, but hopefully soon!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 weeks
wink.png

Over 40 years but I have only been breeding for 3 years now. Right now I am breeding FBCMs only. Last 2 years it was FBCMs and Ameraucanas.

+
I Finished building the coop and run on Oct. 16th 2011 and brought the seven girls home on that day.
My wife and I are beginners to be sure, but I did grow up around chickens and briefly had a small flock about 30 years ago.
We have 2 RIRs 2 black sexlinks, 2 barred rocks and 1 australorp. Also 4 small dogs and a cat.

"I'll be where I'm going when I get there. I don't expect to get there before I leave.
I will pass through all the places that I've been to, on the way to where I'm going to be."

Bluku​

I started my "Great Chicken Experiment" in the summer of 2009. Since then I have learned a lot about chickens! I have tended the wounded, watched the sick, disposed of the dead, and even eaten two roosters! The one thing I am sure of is that I will keep chickens as long as I am able as they are so much fun and the eggs are superior to all others.

I started Feb- Mar of 2011. I moved to a place that had a chicken coop already and started with a rooster in Feb, then got 3 hens in Mar. After a bit I started to hatch and now almost 6 months later have 4 hens/11 pullets and 3 roosters. Will start hatching again in March 2012.

After 6 years of living with my wonderful peeps I think I have finally figured out how to keep them safe... Flight top netting covering 100 x 75 foot run, automatic door, 6 niteguards, buried fence and actually have a roo for the first time who is very quiet and protects his girls. I just love that they mob me every time I go into the run. They are all so friendly and not the least bit fearful of me. I give them warm oatmeal with omega 3 supplements, blue green algea, fresh garlic and bee pollen every morning to start their day... maybe that is why they mob me
cool.png

Well that gives me an idea of the type of people visiting this forum, and dishing out advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom