How long should it take to hatch??? Egg has been pipped for10 hours!!!

Oh cool!

Cute little baby!

BeardedChick, how you doing? My lone egg is still wiggling but no pip. I am so stressed right now!!!

Quote:
So whatcha hatchin' Wifezilla? BTW I was totally stressed when mine started too---
wink.png

selinagil, I am hatching on lone duck egg from a test batch of my home made incubator. The other 5 eggs either quit or cracked, so this one is all I have left. This egg may also be the baby from my khaki campbell hen that died a few weeks ago. So yeah...got a lot of feeling tied up in this little tiny egg.

But guess what??? I have a PIP and the beginnings of a ZIP!!!

Hooray for your pip & maybe zip!

I helped mine out of the shell last night 24+ hrs after he pipped. He was upside down and had a wing stuck out, I didn't want to leave him overnight like that.

I have another pip today (28th day). Hopefully more will pip.

Wish I was closer to you, we could duck-share.
smile.png

There is a hole on the fat end and I can see the bill. I can also see a red vein so there is still some absorbing going on at this point (right?? is that what it means???).

Yeah, I think so---I've only done it once, and that was yesterday!!!
tongue.png
When mine started you could see some red and some clear yolk still around its body---thats why I didn't try to help, I was afraid it wouldn't suck it all up like it was supposed to. I'm so excited for you--I'm off to work but I'm gonna see if you've got a duck when I get home!!!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom