How long to wait for late hatchers?

His legs look normal and he moves them but he can't stand up. I don't know what to do. I had to separate him cause the other chicks peck him. He just lays on his belly and flaps his wings and struggles. I propped him up on a clothe but he just works his way down. He's alert and he's not giving up. I'm afraid I'll have put him down. It breaks my heart.

His legs look normal and he moves them but he can't stand up. I don't know what to do. I had to separate him cause the other chicks peck him. He just lays on his belly and flaps his wings and struggles. I propped him up on a clothe but he just works his way down. He's alert and he's not giving up. I'm afraid I'll have put him down. It breaks my heart.
If it is spraddle leg thee is a chance it can be corrected if you get a brace on him right away. Check out Chicken chick's blog post on leg problems: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it.html

Thank you, I'll try it but it's legs aren't skayed they're behind him but the same treatment might work.

My first but I did get 27 hatches out of 41 eggs and only lost the one. Pop in law did the hatch last year and had 20 survive out of 41 eggs. Now I've got 67 chickens. My math skills are no good any more.

Back
Top Bottom