How many chickens can fit in a 35x10 run

I will probably put them in a big aquarium or a tubaware container or something I will figure it out
You need to figure it out before any hatch. You also need to plan for what to do with those that do not sell quickly, most importantly any obvious cockerels.

What size aquarium or Tupperware container or something will you be using?

Depends on the amount of chicks, but you don't want to give them too much space because you'll need to keep them warm for the first few days, and it isn't easy with a huge box!

Depends on the amount of chicks, but you don't want to give them too much space because you'll need to keep them warm for the first few days, and it isn't easy with a huge box!
Why not? Your warm area doesn't need to be much bigger than a hen.

Quote:
Are you talking about a heat lamp for the adults????
I am thinking there is some information on heating in the winter in the learning center.
I know heat lamps are a HUGE fire hazard too.
Give this careful thought and be aware of what the chickens REALLY need not what we as humans THINK they need.

Are you talking about a heat lamp for the adults????
I am thinking there is some information on heating in the winter in the learning center.
I know heat lamps are a HUGE fire hazard too.
Give this careful thought and be aware of what the chickens REALLY need not what we as humans THINK they need.
how cold should it be to have a heat lamp i was reading and it said around frezzing and in pa its gets below 0 sometimes

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom