How many chickens do you have?

I have 3 BCM roos (2 are FBCM), 3 splash marans hens. 6 silkies, 1 sizzle. 1 gold laced wyandotte.

Trying to re-home:
3 EE's
2 mutt chicks

also in the coop:
1 pekin, 2 calls, 1 blue suede and the guineas

in the house:
3 button quail

I'm going to TSC looking for silkies tomorrow. I need a few non-breeder broodys. lol
Maybe some Polish too
wink.png

Quote:
I know the difference between americanas and araucans, but I thought easter eggers were kind of a generic for both. Can you educate me on what the easter eggers look like. Thanks

Easter Eggers are crossbred chickens, often with Ameraucana or Araucana in them. They're seperate though, as the other two are true breeds. Otten when hatcheries sell "Ameraucanas" - They're the crossbred chicken known as an Easter Egger.

Easter Eggers can look like anything, but Ameraucanas should only have slate or black legs, a pea comb, muffs and beard, and come in the 8 APA recognized colors for Ameraucanas. Often people get confused with all this, and even think their Easter Egger has one of the recognized colors, when it really doesn't.

A typical Easter Egger hen is often brown with black lacing on the neck or back feathers, but really can look like anything. Easter Egger roosters are often either black breasted red or white with golden hackle and saddle feathers, and perhaps some black and red/golden splashing on their chest and wings.

now I understand, thank you. So when my Rhode Island redXAmeraucanas hatch this next week I need to call the Easter Eggers. Cool

Hi Everyone,

I have 59 chickens.
My Blue Cooper Morans are my favorite........at least for today lol
They are about 8 months old and soooo beautiful.
Also have BO,SLW,RR,BR,CCM, astolorps and Americanas.
I recently purchased a ccm x penedesnca rooster and plan to put him with my cc hens.
The purpose is to see if it will produce darker eggs.
Just for fun and to keep me out of mischief.
Will post if it works.

5 barred rocks
3 buff orpingtons
1 Mutt(barred rock/buff orp)
2 brown leghorns
3 Easter Eggers
3 Red sex links
3 black sex links
3 Road Island Reds
1 silver laced wyandotte
2 Delawares

Back