One Ancona fm- Vinka
Two FM blue Swedish- unnamed
One FM Saxony- Anyanka
Three FM Ancona / khaki mixes- Miss Wonky and two unnamed
One FM mallard- unnamed

Two m Ancona- Spots and Thor
One M fawn and white runner- Flash
One M mallard- unnamed
Do you have any pictures? I would love to see them and compare a few of my own crested ducks which I really have no idea what they are except for the Peking. That is the little fellow in my icon. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! I had no idea ducks were so much fun--they are constantly doing something that makes me smile or laugh. :D I am really enjoying looking through all the posts here and seeing all the great pictures too. Already learned so much invaluable information. I love the little ducky in your avatar! So precious and the crest is adorable. I happened to get one crested too and think it's neat. :)

My two crested mallards

this is my boy mallard I have to keep him separated from the crested girls
,I haven't yet but she's not laying yet either. He'll probably end up with my roommates east indies or rehomed. Crested should not be bred to crested...

Last edited:
Names are below pictures

Anyanka and unnamed blue Swedish

Vinka

Rousalka or Villi they are identical practically I have to stare really hard at their crests to tell them apart.

Thanks! I had no idea ducks were so much fun--they are constantly doing something that makes me smile or laugh. :D I am really enjoying looking through all the posts here and seeing all the great pictures too. Already learned so much invaluable information. I love the little ducky in your avatar! So precious and the crest is adorable. I happened to get one crested too and think it's neat. :)
Ducks are awesome .. yes, they are messy and stinky and all that but they just are so amazing that all that icky stuff seems to just be forgotten. I love to sit and watch them groom and I do hand feed my geese and they are really great. When I sit down and call them , the geese come first and then the crested ducks and my 2 cayugas and then all the other ducks and ducklings come to eat. They are a part of the family and the first thing I do each morning is go let them out of their cabins and then I go make some coffee or tea and sit outside and just watch them. They have a hierarchy amongst themselves and I like to study their actions and try and figure out the meanings. It is really alot of fun and they are wonderful pets.

That little ducky in my avatar is a gorgeous white peking now.

I really love my ducks and spoil them. But I am having a problem with my pond so need to go find answers on the forum. :)

My two crested mallards

this is my boy mallard I have to keep him separated from the crested girls
,I haven't yet but she's not laying yet either. He'll probably end up with my roommates east indies or rehomed. Crested should not be bred to crested...
You have lovely ducks! They are wonderful pets.. messy, stinky, but just amazing pets! They can be trained to do a few things when they are young but I haven't tried to train them. They are smart and have their own schedules they keep. It is alot of fun to just watch them. My favorite time is when they start playing in the pond and splash and dive and go upside down and then all the grooming they do just to go right back to playing in the water. :)

Ducks are awesome .. yes, they are messy and stinky and all that but they just are so amazing that all that icky stuff seems to just be forgotten. I love to sit and watch them groom and I do hand feed my geese and they are really great. When I sit down and call them , the geese come first and then the crested ducks and my 2 cayugas and then all the other ducks and ducklings come to eat. They are a part of the family and the first thing I do each morning is go let them out of their cabins and then I go make some coffee or tea and sit outside and just watch them. They have a hierarchy amongst themselves and I like to study their actions and try and figure out the meanings. It is really alot of fun and they are wonderful pets.

That little ducky in my avatar is a gorgeous white peking now.

I really love my ducks and spoil them. But I am having a problem with my pond so need to go find answers on the forum. :)

You are so right, they are messy but awesome! Mine are housed at my boyfriends place and we waste more time just sitting in front of the duck pen watching them. When we put fresh water in their pool they love to chase each other around in and out of the pool and around the pen and back into the pool--we call it merry-go-duck--LOL They are so hilarious--who knew??! Ducks are like the best kept secret or something. :D That's cool you can have a pond for them. Hope it works out well. We just have a backyard space but the bf is already wanting to make it larger--he is really loving the ducks too.

Very very messy and stinky, I have built a wooden pen in the shed thats attached to the chickens run, As soon as those ducks are about two weeks old we move them to the pen which is 5 feet by 12 ft with a heat lamp on one end . its adorable when I go in the shed to feed them. They all run up to me quacking until I fill their bowl.
We have no little ducklings right now :-(
But I have been hatching button quail left and right so that's cuteness I can keep inside and stare at until my ducks start laying again.
My last duckling that hatched, she was the only one in the last set cause my 4 yr old knocked the incubator over a day before hatch and she's the only one that survived.she was raised with chicks so she wouldn't be alone, She's got a tiny little poof if you look closely

Back
Top Bottom