How many eggs did you get today?

Pics
Awesome! How many hens do you have?

We have over 60 chickens (granted, over 30 are chicks or roosters) and recently we have been getting only around 8-10 eggs a day, even less a few weeks ago when a skunk and opossum were teaming up to eat them all. My hens have been laying a lot of shelless eggs. I offer calcium to them and they get it, so I'm not sure why they are doing it.

Hopefully my new pullets will mature into good layers and make up for the lack of laying.
smile.png

I have 17 hens. :)
I have an idea that may help your hens lay harder shells. If you feed them their crushed shells from their eggs after letting them dry it helps a lot with the calcium intake.
Maybe that will help your hens. :D

Some of my hens also do that. When I can, I try to get the "jelly egg" before it brakes or gets eaten by the other hens. Those eggs are so strange.

Thanks for the advise!

I do that sometimes, and they do love it, much more then oyster shell.
smile.png

We just got a shelless egg yesterday. It feels like a water balloon.

Shelless eggs do feel like water balloons :gig

My hens constantly eat soft shelled eggs after they see them. They must be laying those so they can have a snack! :gig

Shelless eggs do feel like water balloons
gig.gif

My hens constantly eat soft shelled eggs after they see them. They must be laying those so they can have a snack!
gig.gif

Same here! My hens all wait for a shelless egg to be laid and fight over it. It is gone in seconds!

Back
Top Bottom