How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

SarahInAlaska, what's a "leather" egg? I've gotta know...lol

13/19 and the remains of a soft shell egg... just the papery shell left, so it would have been 14 if she had helped herself to the calcium...

TherryChicken, that is one huge egg! looks very close in size to the one I had that held the triple yolk! have you cracked it open yet? for mine, I was certain it was a double, if I had any idea that it might contain more, I would have video'd the cracking so the world could see the 3 yolks spill out... I was blown away! triples don't hatch, doubles rarely do successfully... 12/19 yesterday, sold several dozen and a few 18-packs, so I'm left with pee wee pullet eggs for myself (at least til later today
tongue.png
)
Lol not yet, but I'm itching to badly.

Two days back to back of 6/10 and today would have been 8/10 but one was broken in the nest. Little Miss Wannabe broody fluff butt insists on laying on them no matter what. Then one of her best buddies, my favorite girl, sleeps next to her at night in the same nest. She's the only one she'll let near her when she's on it so it's funny. So entertaining.

Since triple yolkers were mentioned. Here's a pic of our first one w/ a regular egg laid the same day. These are from LF LB pullets. The girls are 8 months old now and doing great!

augh, Wednesday, I got 2 of 3, okay.
yesterday, I checked around noon, and Red had laid one egg, which I left for later, as I usually get all at once.
But, later, there was no egg.
I doubt one of the hens ate it, no sign of egg or shell in nest box.
I have to suspect either a snake, or a human.
I will sprinkle some snake repellant around, what I have left, and check on a spot a snake could possibly hide.
had golf balls vanish from the nest before, and I doubt the hens could have "eaten" those...
Was a hot afternoon, so I napped a few hours. Need to do the bit where I put a thread across the door, one they would not notice.
I recall that from a detective program in the past, lets one see if someone got in.
I would give eggs to someone if they asked, as I always have plenty, and give most away anyway. But I totally dislike a sneak thief.

augh, Wednesday, I got 2 of 3, okay.
yesterday, I checked around noon, and Red had laid one egg, which I left for later, as I usually get all at once.
But, later, there was no egg.
I doubt one of the hens ate it, no sign of egg or shell in nest box.
I have to suspect either a snake, or a human.
I will sprinkle some snake repellant around, what I have left, and check on a spot a snake could possibly hide.
had golf balls vanish from the nest before, and I doubt the hens could have "eaten" those...
Was a hot afternoon, so I napped a few hours. Need to do the bit where I put a thread across the door, one they would not notice.
I recall that from a detective program in the past, lets one see if someone got in.
I would give eggs to someone if they asked, as I always have plenty, and give most away anyway. But I totally dislike a sneak thief.
wow! sounds like you have an egg napper lol :D never had problems with snakes here or any predators had a problem where a coyote dug around the fence at night but every one was fine :)

Back
Top Bottom