How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

7/14
I got a mystery egg from one of the pullets. It was big, too! Not sure which one laid it but I suspect it was the Amber White. She turned 22 weeks today. Three of the seven pullets are laying now. :)

5 Chicken egg's today
wink.png

4/4 today! That may be the first time yet that we've gotten 100% of laying hens laying in one day. By January we'll have 11 hens laying. Two of our girls should start laying around October. It'll be nice to actually get enough eggs to keep us going without buying any.

I've finally got the chickens laying where I want them to. It's not in their nesting boxes but they'll consent to laying in the shed behind my laundry in cat carriers filled with hay. It will do for now as we're breaking ground on the new (and much larger coop) in about a week. That one will have 8 nesting boxes and enough space to accomodate 30 chooks. Our current coop has enough space to accomodate 6 (While we have 11 chickens, 6 are in the current coop and 5 are in the brooder and will be for a while yet).

I'm still so thrilled to be able to post on this thread.

I got 2/2 with 4 more getting ready to lay. Yesterday was the day I got my very first egg. Will I get three tomorrow I wonder?

I'm still so thrilled to be able to post on this thread. 

I got 2/2 with 4 more getting ready to lay.  Yesterday was the day I got my very first egg.  Will I get three tomorrow I wonder? 
that's awesome. I still only got 1/1 today... The other 4 better start pulling their weight soon because chicken dinner is sounding good.

Back
Top Bottom