How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Olive eggers (black maran ameraucana cross) lavander orps, and ameraucana

I think the olive will go soon. She squats, checks out the boxes, and makes donkey from shrek seem lime a mime, NEVER shuts up!
Nice group of ladies! Sounds like she will. Have you tried putting golf balls or fake eggs in the nest box?

I have 5 CCL hens and 2 roosters, but I think 3 of the hens stopped laying. I'm separating them one at a time and will band their legs so i can figure it out. I know the 2 pullets are laying, and need to hatch those eggs when the eggs get bigger, so I can replace my non layers.

I understand what you mean about free ranging, after I cross fenced, and their free range days were over, the egg hunt has become much more tolerable...LOL..nothing like before. I can't say they are happy, but I am. No more chicken poop on the porch. I am just dreading the day we smell those egg nests in the shop...we cannot find them, but we saw the CCL's sneaking out of that big building almost daily before we cross fenced!

Are you using a mouse with your laptop? If you attach a mouse, you can disable the touchpad and it might cure the jumping. This is what I found online. But first attach a usb or wireless mouse.

Jumping curser
It is caused by inadvertently touching the mouse pad. I also use a USB mouse too. So I configured my laptop (with Windows 7) to "invalidate" the mouse pad when I have the USB mouse connected, and then only when I disconnect the USB mouse does the mouse pad regain sensitivity for use. I never have a jumping cursor anymore.
Open up Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Mouse (found under Devices and Printers) > in Mouse Properties dialog box, click on Advanced tab > "Advanced feature settings" button > Others tab > in "USB mouse connection" field, check the box for "Touchpad and Stick are automatically invalidated" > then OK.
Hope that fixes it, it must be so frustrating to try and type anything!!!
Yeah, I could def do without the pooping on the porch...*sigh* lol You need an egg snooping dog!

Yes, I have a mouse connected so I will try disabling the pad (don't really use it anyway lol) Thanks!!!! Gonna try it now...fingers crossed!
fl.gif

Yeah, I could def do without the pooping on the porch...*sigh* lol You need an egg snooping dog!

Yes, I have a mouse connected so I will try disabling the pad (don't really use it anyway lol) Thanks!!!! Gonna try it now...fingers crossed!
fl.gif
Will a cat do the job???? I doubt it, maybe a nice Boston terrorist will do the job????

I hated the poopy porch oh so bad!!!!!
idunno.gif

I hope disabling the pad works, it would be a nice easy fix!

Last edited:
Will a cat do the job???? I doubt it, maybe a nice Boston terrorist will do the job????

I hated the poopy porch oh so bad!!!!!
idunno.gif

I hope disabling the pad works, it would be a nice easy fix!
lol yeah...good luck with that
wink.png
Our dog used to find eggs....and EAT them! Once she ate a dozen of them right off the counter! (She's big. A boxer) I was SO mad. She stopped doing that, but I learned not to put freshly collected eggs where she'd be tempted. I can't complain too much though..at least she is good with my birds. (My neighbor has a chicken killer so I am grateful she's good to them.

For some reason, even though they have plenty of room to go ALL over the yard, most of them think it's cool to hang out right next to the house...I think they like to be wherever DON'T want them to be! lol Crazy birds

I had trouble with the mouse pad thing so I am going to refer to my husband or son to fix it for me tomorrow. I can use a computer, but I'm not real savvy with it.
hide.gif

lol yeah...good luck with that
wink.png
Our dog used to find eggs....and EAT them! Once she ate a dozen of them right off the counter! (She's big. A boxer) I was SO mad. She stopped doing that, but I learned not to put freshly collected eggs where she'd be tempted. I can't complain too much though..at least she is good with my birds. (My neighbor has a chicken killer so I am grateful she's good to them.

For some reason, even though they have plenty of room to go ALL over the yard, most of them think it's cool to hang out right next to the house...I think they like to be wherever DON'T want them to be! lol Crazy birds

I had trouble with the mouse pad thing so I am going to refer to my husband or son to fix it for me tomorrow. I can use a computer, but I'm not real savvy with it.
hide.gif
Dogs......they do love eggs....and chicken, I'm glad yours is an egg dog and not a chicken dog, but a whole dozen would have angered me too. How shiny is her coat????

My chickens use to hang around my front door and under my front porch...all 49 of them (that is how many I had, it's down to 32). The smell was bad, and walking up to the house was like avoiding I.E.D.'s. It was embarrassing when city folk came over......country folk just laughed.

I hope your son or husband can get your lappy fixed up...
fl.gif

fl.gif
Your problem sounds a lot like the one I and some others were having a while back. Turns out it was the video ads messing me up. I bought the Golden Feather, then went in to profile and turned off the ads. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom