How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

(although confused as to why Doris hasn't started laying she doesn't mother her chiccks anymore)
OK mystery is solved - doris is laying under the broody coop and has gone broody problem being the only side she can get under from has a fence so I can't get in to get her out to move her - all very confusing as to what I should do! May have to get jacks and jack the whole coop up!
Ha ha ha I can lie if you want? Speaking about roos, I think I got 16 roosters out of 22 chicks from the hatch 2 wks ago, my luck :th
Naar the truth is fine even if it isn't what I want to hear! Wow that is a bad hatch - although thier meat is meant to be lovely!
What happened to the 50% each gender average thing??
Both my breeders I get eggs from told me it is overall average and some years / hatches are well one way or the other. I was 2/3 roos first hatch and 4/5 pullets second hatch! Not sure what I have yet with the others - except for the roo BCM!

With 2 broodies again I'm down to 2/3 and 3/3 most days!

Will my Araucana pullet born 3rd of May start laying at 6 months or not until the spring?

Birds are individuals! No reason she shouldn't start laying this year though.

Is Doris sitting on fertile eggs or just parked for no useful purpose? If the second maybe you can get get a hose and see if you can spray her enough to annoy here out of there. Jacking up the coop would be a big pain. However it is done, seems like you need a wire barricade once she is out.

OK mystery is solved - doris is laying under the broody coop and has gone broody problem being the only side she can get under from has a fence so I can't get in to get her out to move her - all very confusing as to what I should do! May have to get jacks and jack the whole coop up!

Is there a way you can get a long handle scoop and scoop her out? Then as Bruce said block the access?

Both my breeders I get eggs from told me it is overall average and some years / hatches are well one way or the other. I was 2/3 roos first hatch and 4/5 pullets second hatch! Not sure what I have yet with the others - except for the roo BCM!

I know right? I wish your closer to us, I could give you more BCMs for meat and for eggs. Since I love hatching (became an addiction) with this awesome incubators, but running out of room in my 2 coops and run.

Will my Araucana pullet born 3rd of May start laying at 6 months or not until the spring?

Oh yeah, my first 3 BCMs were hatched late April and started laying by September and my winter source of eggs. So I would think you’ll get some eggs from your Araucana before winter.

No reason she shouldn't start laying this year though.
Yay that will be so cool :clap:ya
Is Doris sitting on fertile eggs or just parked for no useful purpose?
Parked for no useful purpose! Picking up some more Marans and some cream Legbars later in the week so want them both moved into the broody coops by then!
Jacking up the coop would be a big pain
Your telling me - it is the one with the gorgeous old terracotta canal tiles on it.
Oh yeah, my first 3 BCMs were hatched late April and started laying by September and my winter source of eggs. So I would think you’ll get some eggs from your Araucana before winter.
Good news
April, did you change feeds? I’ve noticed on our egg yolks too, that they’re a little paler than usual.
I wonder ifit is the heat? Not sure mine are as good eithre!

Back
Top Bottom