How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

11 out of 16 hens! I have been getting 4 for the past month or so! Wahoo!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
I love my hens!

Last edited:
Out of 15 hens & six of them are close to 1 1/2 yrs. old & the rest are between 3-6 months I'm gettin one egg a day. They get Red Pepper Flakes every morning in with their layin pellets & they get 16% game bird scratch scattered out everyday & when I make them a treat they get ground Cayenne Pepper in it. I usually give a small treat of apples or tomatoes or sardines & wheat bread everyday & mix them up a platter of Oatmeal, Yogurt, chopped Bananas, Scrambled eggs & shells & two slices of chopped up cheese all mixed together with the cayenne pepper about three times a week. All of my chickens get this not just the hens except my two banty roos, they get pellets & scratch & sometimes a little chopped banana or something but not much treats for them & they don't get to free range with my big stock chickens, they have their own house & never come out but do have a dirt floor. Their names are Frick & Frack & I keep them up so I can #1; Not have them fightin with my big stock roosters & #2; They're very tame & luv the one on one time I give them each day. They all get ACV in their water, heck my two inside cats & new pup get the ACV in their water. I don't understand why I'm only gettin one egg a day out of six hens. They're not moltin, but I'm not addin any extra light to their day either. My Mamaw told me years ago when I was growin up on the farm that the pepper would help with the layin & after 42yrs. I still remember what my elders told me but we always gave them green & red peppers out of the garden not flakes or store bought stuff.

Spring chicks are beginning to lay; older hens are coming off molt. They have access to protected pen inside metal barn to avoid windy freezing cold. From a max of 3 eggs about one month ago, yesterday we got 18 out of 24 birds. Four of these are silkies who are eggless broodies most of the time. We are happy with our girls:) ~G

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom