How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

14 today,,but cracked one,,
roll.png

Quote:
No thank you!!! I've spent several weeks in Maine in January a few years ago and there is nothing, I mean nothing that compares to a Nor'easter! I mean I've spent several weeks in Minneapolis in the dead of winter and had to plug my car in to be able to start it the next morning. I even lived in Colorado for 11 years, but there's nothing like a January in Maine to make you appreciate the lower tier of states. Now don't get me wrong, I love Maine but just in the late Spring, all Summer, and especially Fall. But you can keep the Winter. No thank you, BlueSeal!!!

Sorry, but before I forget we got 22 yesterday from our 29 GC's and yes, it's been cold and icy here. The storm's finally gone but now we have to deal with the icy roads to get to work and that's where I'm going now. Have a great day!

Last edited:
It's 11 degrees right now. On Sunday (3 days ago), I relocated the chickens to the workshop (no heat but also no wind or snow) so they're just settling in now. We have 11 girls, and average between 2 and 5 eggs a day. Some of the pullets we got as day-olds on April 29th are only just now starting to lay. Just yesterday found a tiny brown egg!

I'm sure it'll pick up. Meanwhile, I'm collecting today thru Sat morning for hatching. Soooo exciting!

Vikki
======================

Eight yesterday from 13 hens, 7 so far today. What is considered an "acceptable average" during the winter? I have a florescent light set to come on around 3:00 AM every morning so they get plenty of light. I have a friend who has over 30 hens and they're gettting around 5 a day (sometimes less). I told him I thought the absence of light was the problem.

Last edited:
4/37.... I only have 9 chickens under the age of 5 months. So I should be gettin way more eggs than this, dontcha think? Do hens really slow down or stop layin when they reach the age of 2?

Back
Top Bottom