How many Eggs did you Sell today?

Is anyone still selling eggs? or has the time change affected egg production?

Still selling but with the advent of Fall and accompanying molt has taken its toll on egg numbers not to mention most of girls are aging with some 2+ with some 1+ and just 5 pullets. Thank goodness for those pullets. Finally numbers are climbing from pathetic towards dismal. Holidays are here and try to save some for the house as well,baking and such.

Well, this is the first for the new flock of 24 BSL's. I was able to take in 9 dozen eggs today and every one was sold within 15 minutes after I sat down and turned on my computer at work. The cubical rats came out of the woodwork to get their eggs. They've been asking for them for months since the old flock went away to freezer camp back in April and today I was able to bring them some more. They gladly pay $3.00 a dozen, which I know is a little low for them even here in NC. I've warned them that with the price of feed having gone up almost 25% in the past year that I may have to raise my price too. I'm not trying to make any real money on them, just cover my cost. My payback is to make my friends happy and that's enough for me. I did tell everyone today that the price was $3.00 if they bring back the carton for a reload, otherwise it would be $3.50.

Well, this is the first for the new flock of 24 BSL's.  I was able to take in 9 dozen eggs today and every one was sold within 15 minutes after I sat down and turned on my computer at work.  The cubical rats came out of the woodwork to get their eggs.  They've been asking for them for months since the old flock went away to freezer camp back in April and today I was able to bring them some more. They gladly pay $3.00 a dozen, which I know is a little low for them even here in NC.  I've warned them that with the price of feed having gone up almost 25% in the past year that I may have to raise my price too.  I'm not trying to make any real money on them, just cover my cost.  My payback is to make my friends happy and that's enough for me.  I did tell everyone today that the price was $3.00 if they bring back the carton for a reload, otherwise it would be $3.50.  

Good job!

I'm glad to see the thread has been revived. I think we molting and time changing many people had a decrease in egg production.

6 dozen over the past week or so. Some woman left a message on my house phone looking for a couple dozen, not sure how she even got the number.
idunno.gif
Nice that the girls are getting back to work, up from dismal to fair

I had just enough to bring in 6 dozen to work this morning. I got here at 7:25. It's now 7:50 AM and they're all gone... $3.00/dozen. At least the Gals are paying for their feed now. Everyone seems to be taking the request to bring back their cartons seriously so they can avoid the .50 charge for them. One lady even brought me in about 50 really nice egg cartons the other day that she'd been saving up from store bought eggs. I gave her a dozen for free.

i don't think i get enough eggs right now to sell any eggs .. i only get 3 eggs a day but its winter so .. in the summer i will be getting a lot of eggs .. how much do you think i should charge .. i free range my hens to i have bantam size white eggs and standard size brown eggs to sell and soon i will be getting blue eggs

5 dozen for $3.00/dz and they were gone before I could turn on my computer when I got to work. Everyone is responding well to me coming back in to work with eggs. When the old flock went away to freezer camp (that's what we told Olivia, our Granddaughter) last spring they've been doing without or having to buy them from the store for almost 8 months. But everyone who was buying is back plus a few others. Now that Teresa's has gone back to work and she's got some people there who want fresh eggs too.

Back
Top Bottom