How many Eggs did you Sell today?

I have been forgetting to post. Last week, I sold 29 dozen. I need more hens because I keep turning people away because I don't have enough eggs to sell.
hit.gif
wow! wish i lived closer to you, I'd love some free range eggs, these store bought eggs aren't very appetizing! I see that TCS is going to get chicks in soon. really makes me sad that I will probably have to pass them up again this time. guess spring might be more the time to get some! so glad to hear that your hens are producing like this, must be so much fun to go out and collect eggs!

Yesterday I sold 8 dozen for $3.00/dz. I also gave away or traded one of my coworkers a dozen for about 50 really nice clean cardboard egg cartons.
i have been collecting cartons for when and if I can finally get some chicks. Due to hubby's health problems, it just isn't the right time to get baby chicks. I also save all my yucky old store bought eggshells for them. I microwave the raw egg shells for a minute in the microwave to dry them out. getting quite a large bag already! so glad to hear that your hens are producing. have fun collecting all those beautiful eggs!

none today! my eggs never sell on a Monday for some reason...any other day they are snapped up from outside our house as soon as I put them out - but Mondays are a big fat duck every week...

I have been forgetting to post. Last week, I sold 29 dozen. I need more hens because I keep turning people away because I don't have enough eggs to sell. :hit

wow! wish i lived closer to you, I'd love some free range eggs, these store bought eggs aren't very appetizing! I see that TCS is going to get chicks in soon. really makes me sad that I will probably have to pass them up again this time. guess spring might be more the time to get some! so glad to hear that your hens are producing like this, must be so much fun to go out and collect eggs!

You are right down the road. The majority of my customers are in Lafayette. :)

For some reason I thought that you had chickens.

Yes, I saw the sign at TSC. I think I will buy some pullets from them this year. I thought about ordering but shipping the chicks stresses me out. I worry about them being shipped. :oops:

What is it here? No one else has posted in the past week or so.

I sold 8 dozen today for $3.00/dz and needed another 2 dozen to cover demand. I thought one lady was going to take my head off when I told her that last dozen I had was walking down the hall to the elevator this morning. I normally have enough when I bring 'em in to cover everyone who wants eggs but this morning more people were asking than I had eggs for. It's a good thing for me but I hate to disappoint people.

Back
Top Bottom