How many Eggs did you Sell today?

I have 50 chickens. They are Isa Browns and RIR chickens. All are young pullets. At your county fair we had Champion Eggs.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
cool.png

22 doz all in one wack. My brother came down from Ark. and brought me some Dellie babies and a young Silver Phoenix roo. So while he was here he bought me 200 lbs. of laying pellets and some chick grower, so I sent him a load of eggs back for him to sell at his work. He'll be back next month for more and I should have him a bunch more saved up by then,. That really put a dent in my stockpile but I'm still holding around 25 doz or so at the moment, but at least they moved some anyway. He can get more for them there as those people really enjoy the product and are willing to pay for it. Seems the locals here are stuck way back in the "good old days" when a dozen of eggs cost a dime or 25 cents and a sack of feed was prolly a dollar or less, they just can't grasp the concept that things change, everyday.

I often wander what they think when they pay 3 something for a galloan of gas? Huh, is this the only thing that the price has gone sky high on, duh, gahellk!

catdaddy

Two dozen today for $3/dozen. Would have sold three dozen but our daughter Julie blew through yesterday when I wasn't at home, dropped off our two granddaughters, and made off with a dozen. I already had all three dozen promised to people at work so I had to put someone off until tomorrow. Shouldn't be a problem because we're still getting 17 to 19 from our 19 Gold Comet pullets. And we've had a lot of snow, sleet, and cold here for the past few days too..

Last edited:
15 dozen to one customer friday, 7 dozen to anouther yesterday.....

@3bucks/doz it helps with the feed costs

25 isa browns avg'ing 25 eggs a day......

I am getting really tired of washing eggs though as my customers expect them spick and span clean and with a new baby at home my time is somewhat limited.

My wife refuses to have anything to do with chickens or eggs but doesnt mind raiding the egg money jar
tongue.png

FYI I'm a guy, Daisy Dukers is my GSD.

Just a dozen today for $3. If I had four more dozen I could have sold them all to my co-workers in the first ten minutes of getting to my office. Everyone wants them for their Christmas baking and for visiting families. Right now we have 19 Gold Comet pullets and we're getting 17 to 19 big brown ones every day without fail. I'm amazed because everyone said with winter coming on they'd let up but our Gals are real hard workers. Next spring we're going to add another 17 pullets to the flock so we'll have an even three dozen. That should keep everyone in eggs.
smile.png

Quote:
I have ISA Browns too. They are egg laying machines. My RIRs can't keep up. In the spring when I get more chicks they will be ISA Browns. The RIRs are going to freezer camp.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom