How many Eggs did you Sell today?

2 dozen. I put the sign out this morning and had to take it down by noon. I only have 5 laying hens since the neighbor's dogs attacked and killed one and injured another. The hurt one seems to be recovering but has'nt layed since the attack(new years day). I don't put the sign out till I have 2 dozen eggs.

Two dozen today for $3/dozen. Would have had more but our daughter Julia blew through last night and absconded with two dozen to take home with her. I shouldn't complain though because a year or so ago her and her husband had chickens and gave us all the eggs we could use then. When they started getting less and less eggs that's when we decided to start our own flock. But I just wish she'd asked because I'd promised four of my co-workers eggs today and now I have to lock the door to my office to keep from being lynched. You can't mess with these people when it comes to food. They're a bunch of cubicle rats from downstairs and they can smell a box of doughnuts or bagels all the way up on the third floor.
smile.png

Another 2 dozen today for $3/dozen. With todays take we've gotten 204 big brown eggs from our 19 Gold Comets since Jan 1st. And I've sold all but maybe four dozen of those. Our daughter took two dozen and we've used maybe a dozen and a half since then. My co-workers are tickled to get real organic fresh eggs for $3/dozen and they take all I bring in. They're always gone with fifteen minutes of me getting in each morning. I've even had them outside my door waiting for me to get in.

Last edited:
I had a co-worker buy 2 dozen eggs on last week and she loves them. She said that her husband has eaten all of them and now he wants more. A few other people in the office are now wanting to buy some of my fresh farm eggs.

Back
Top Bottom