How many Eggs did you Sell today?

My signs have been out for a week and... nothing!
th.gif
idunno.gif
th.gif
hu.gif
th.gif

We have been getting lots of eggs ourselves and have gifted dozens to neighbors and friends. Have thought of selling at local street market but unsure of frig life on fresh eggs I have been telling people one week is that a safe time frame?

Quote:
Oh gracious. Here in West Virginia we are required to put a 'use by' date on any eggs we sell. I put down six weeks for the pack date, and I am sure that they would last longer than that.

I just picked that amount in an arbitrary way, but I know they would last in the fridge longer.

Catherine

Two more dozen today for $3.00/dozen. I'm tapped out now and we'll have to build our inventory back up. My Gals have been working hard to keep up with the demand here at work. I sell all that we don't personally use to my co-workers and they're happy to pay $3.00 a dozen for them. I'm lucky in that respect. We plan on adding another 11 pullets in March to bring our flock to an even 30 hens this spring. Then I can take two dozen in each day and still have enough for us. I'm convinced the eggs will sell. If I build another coop I could add more than that but we're going to shoot for 30 for the time being. Teresa's talking like she'd like to have more and sell eggs at the local farmers' market on Thursdays and Saturdays. We'll see...

Back
Top Bottom