How many Eggs did you Sell today?

Seven dozen at one blow, $2 each! Dad is a real good salesman! With those cute blue eyes and charming ways, of course he is.
roll.png

3 Dozen today for $3.00/dz. I've had a lot of requests from my coworkers about getting on the egg list but I have to tell them that I can't deliver more until about June 1st or there abouts. Our 11 new GC started pullets are coming soon but won't be laying until about then.

Quote:
Don't feel bad. I only sell mine for $1.50.

They get more than $2.00 for brown eggs at the local supermarkets. EggLands Best go for $3.00 plus. I sell all I can get from my Gals for $3.00 a dozen and my coworkers practically fight over who gets 'em that day. Take 'em to work. Have your spouse take 'em to work. Let your fellow church goers know you have 'em. I wish I lived close enough to either of you so I could buy them from you for $1.50 and resell them for $3.00. That's 100% profit!!! Man!!!

I get roughly 10-1/2 dozen eggs a week and I sell all we don't use ourselves. We're getting another 11 started pullets soon and hopefully they'll be coming on line within a few weeks. My guess is that I would sell maybe 15+ dozen a week here at work and Teresa can sell another 5+ dozen to friends and neighbors. She said if we were to go big time and get maybe 50 layers she knows she could sell them every Thursday at the local farmers' market for at least $3.00/dozen. She goes down there and says they are selling brown eggs for $3 - $4 a dozen every week. She thinks she probably could work out a deal with one of the farmers there to sell on consignment and still make a profit on them. Anyways, sorry about bragging but maybe you'll see there's a lot of ways to sell your eggs for more than $1.50/Dozen, even in this economy. Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't feel bad. I only sell mine for $1.50.

They get more than $2.00 for brown eggs at the local supermarkets. EggLands Best go for $3.00 plus. I sell all I can get from my Gals for $3.00 a dozen and my coworkers practically fight over who gets 'em that day. Take 'em to work. Have your spouse take 'em to work. Let your fellow church goers know you have 'em. I wish I lived close enough to either of you so I could buy them from you for $1.50 and resell them for $3.00. That's 100% profit!!! Man!!!

I get roughly 10-1/2 dozen eggs a week and I sell all we don't use ourselves. We're getting another 11 started pullets soon and hopefully they'll be coming on line within a few weeks. My guess is that I would sell maybe 15+ dozen a week here at work and Teresa can sell another 5+ dozen to friends and neighbors. She said if we were to go big time and get maybe 50 layers she knows she could sell them every Thursday at the local farmers' market for at least $3.00/dozen. She goes down there and says they are selling brown eggs for $3 - $4 a dozen every week. She thinks she probably could work out a deal with one of the farmers there to sell on consignment and still make a profit on them. Anyways, sorry about bragging but maybe you'll see there's a lot of ways to sell your eggs for more than $1.50/Dozen, even in this economy. Good Luck!!!

In our neck of the woods, it just won't happen. You can get grocery store eggs for $0.99 in some of the stores here. People don't care about the difference in store bought eggs and farm fresh eggs. They are only looking at price/cost to them. They feel that they can go in the store and get a dozen eggs for $0.99, so why would they pay more than $1.50. We chicken owners know the difference in store bought eggs and fresh eggs. South Louisiana is the country and many small time farmers live here, so everyone is selling eggs down here. Eggs are as popular as bottled water. It's on everyone's shelf.

I get 30 - 40 dozen eggs a week and I am for the most part sold out. So, I am able to use the money for feed. It all works out.

Last edited:
2 dozen. Guy came up because my lovely neighbor has been talking about us, but he asked for "Red eggs" . . . Sorry but our Marans aren't laying yet.
hmm.png

Nonetheless - He bought not one but two dozen of our brown/pink/white assortment.
smile.png

I've got 13 girls who aren't laying yet. Wish they'd start laying, I'm turning away customers every day because I only get 5-6 eggs a day!
I sold 1 dozen today. Added 3 people to the waiting list.

Back
Top Bottom