How many Eggs did you Sell today?

2 dozen today for $3.00/dz and I got two new customers at work who want eggs on a weekly basis. And people here at work are starting to ask about getting extra eggs for their holiday baking, etc. It's a good time to be a chicken wrangler!!!

Hey, and also we're taking the first of our honey from our beehive on Thursday. We have two medium supers on top of the hive that are maxed out. We're borrowing the local Beekeeping Association's extractor and we expect to get at least five gallons of pure gold from them. At deep discount of $8.00/quart we should get at least $160 from one hive. We can do this twice a year to boot!!! That's why we're building bee hive bodies this winter. By the end of next year we want to have 20 hives ringing our property. It should support that many because there are a lot of fields all around us that the bees will be able to feed from. There's also a lot of poplar tulip trees, sourwood, alfalfa, rape, corn, etc. everywhere.
smile.png

Sold 7 dozen today @$3/dozen. One was a new customer from Craig's List...she got 2 dozen. That's 8 dozen in 6 days!

Also gave away a dozen of the small pullet eggs for 6 egg cartons...helping someone out who has 4 boys and having hard times. She will probably be getting eggs from me weekly since we can not eat all the small eggs and I think she needs them more than my neighbors.

Just had a phone call from the housekeeper for one of my regular customers. She ordered 2 dozen and will be in our small town Tuesday to pick them up...wants to be added to my weekly dropoff list. My girls are going to have to get busy!!

4 dozen today for $3.00/dz. Could have sold more if I'd brought them but they'll get them on Monday. I'm going to start holding back a dozen or so here and there so I can have a bit of an inventory before Thanksgiving comes around. A lot of people are asking about eggs for baking and family coming in.

Back
Top Bottom