How many feeders do I need?

CountryHaven

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2015
Southern Ontario Canada
Hi everyone! I pick up my 23 ready to lay red star hens tomorrow and was wondering what size of feeder I will need and if I should have more then one feeder and waterer?? I have 8 (4 week old) rhode island red chicks (4 of which i think are roosters and will find a new home) that will eventually be mixed into the flock as well. So approximately 27-28 chickens in total.
Thanks!

Hi everyone! I pick up my 23 ready to lay red star hens tomorrow and was wondering what size of feeder I will need and if I should have more then one feeder and waterer?? I have 8 (4 week old) rhode island red chicks (4 of which i think are roosters and will find a new home) that will eventually be mixed into the flock as well. So approximately 27-28 chickens in total.
Thanks!

*I* personally do like to have at least two feed/water stations available - this prevents any one bird (or group of birds) from having total control over all access to feed and water - beyond that, the number you would need will depend in large part on the type of feeder you plan to use, how often you want to be out there filling them, etc. Another thing to consider is your setup - depending on where you are planning to feed (in the coop or in the run) and how much space there is in that area, it may not be possible to add multiple stations without taking up too much valuable living space and creating an overcrowded setup.

*I* personally do like to have at least two feed/water stations available - this prevents any one bird (or group of birds) from having total control over all access to feed and water - beyond that, the number you would need will depend in large part on the type of feeder you plan to use, how often you want to be out there filling them, etc. Another thing to consider is your setup - depending on where you are planning to feed (in the coop or in the run) and how much space there is in that area, it may not be possible to add multiple stations without taking up too much valuable living space and creating an overcrowded setup.

x2

Back
Top Bottom