How many here let their dogs/pets sleep in their bed with them?

I have a chichuaua and he has to have his head on the pillow and blankets up to his chin, sometimes I think he thinks he is human

"Quote Henrietta23"

LOL how funny..yeah my pug snores too..once she snored so loudly I was surprised she didnt wake herself up! ...and between me and you she gets a little help up onto the bed but dont tell the others! They will never speak to me again!
gig.gif

Last edited:
There'd be no room for us if we let Argo (great dane) sleep in our bed! Instead we get a skunk under the covers most nights, and sometimes a cat too.
big_smile.png

Quote:
A SKUNK? (are you talking MEAN about your SO?) if not post pic's!

Haha! Well, depending on what we ate for dinner, I guess it could apply....

Seriously though, here's a good one of Argo in his chair with his little buddy Sputnik. Skunks make great pets for patient people once they are deskunked, neutered, and raised properly.

2200373707_113c647a2d_o.jpg

My small dogs stay inside at night and sleep with me and the cats. The big dogs live outside and don't like to come inside.
I don't believe in crating, I wouldn't want to be locked in and I don't expect my dog too either. I'd rather leave them outside with a good fence, an insulated dog house and a heavy pad and blanket than cage them.
That is my own personal opinion and it's not intended to hurt feelings or be judgemental.
I also had an ex husband who said "It's the darn cat or me",,,,,,,,,,,

I have 5 cats and at least 2 or 3 are always on the bed. One is a permanant fixture on my pillow every nite. My 65 lbs pit bull puppy (who thinks she is a 5lbs lapdog) takes up as much of the bed as she can.

Suzi

Whoa! Nicole, I am in awe of you having a pet skunk!!

We have 2 dogs and a cat. The dogs sleep with us every night; the cat sneaks up whenever she can, but the dogs usually won't let her. Both dogs are medium-sized mixed breeds we adopted from the shelter.

Sadie (Fox terrier X beagle) likes to sleep under the covers. I'm not entirely happy with that as she crawls out and then back in throughout the night. My husband just lets her as he finds it easier than trying to block her out.

Hannah (GSD X Lab X pit bull) will usually start out in the bed, sleeping up near our heads. She's a pillow hog. She usually moves down to the dog bed next to our queen-sized bed at some point, then back up to the pillows by the morning. She's a restless sleeper who jerks around and chases stuff (squirrels, most likely) in her sleep. I'm glad she usually hogs the pillows on my husband's side of the bed!

We don't have any issues with them recognizing us as boss. Well, I don't at least, but DH is a little less attentive to the signals he sends the dogs sometimes.

When I return home, they only get my attention/affection when they are behaving (not jumping on me, etc.) I typically walk in, check the mail, change my clothes, etc. and then turn my attention to them. By then they've calmed down, sit nicely, and are deserving of it. They patiently wait in a down-stay while I get prep their meals and only get up to eat when I release them. I think these 2 things alone help quite a bit. When I take them out off leash, I never have recall problems either.

They are allowed to lounge on the furniture most of the time. If I give them a bone or chewy treat, they must remain on the floor with them. They've learned these rules quite well.

I leave them to roam the house when I'm out and it's extremely rare to find an accident or mess when I return home. I do have a dog walker come in on the days when I'm at the office so they don't get too restless or bored and so they get a potty break.

They are VERY good girls and I love them to pieces!

728212174_f988477344.jpg
Sadie

116784385_b96d732709.jpg
Hannah

Love your pet skunk. We had one when we where little. He would stay up almost all night. we had wood floors so you could here his toe nails clicking on the floors. He was a really sweet pet. Not like the raccoon that could destroy a house over night. After getting married went to visit parent. Someone(brother) did not shut house door good. Raccoon opened her cage door. Came into the house and made her self at home on my back. When my husband got up I made him put her up. She was not light. She did not liked to be picked up. Sometime she would bite so I didn't want to get bite.

Back
Top Bottom