How many jumbo ringneck pheasants in a 8wx16Lx8H pen

I am in SC and a fellow up the road from me raises Ringnecks- I don't know if they are Jumbo or not- I have a trio from him and they are much larger than my Dark Throats or Red Goldens.. I know he still has some of this year's hatch.

Jumbo Ringneck male and Regular Ringneck male

These are young birds hatched this summer so they will get heavier as they fully mature. In October- the Jumbo males average about 4.25 to 4.50 pounds compared to the regular males that average about 2.25 pounds. The young jumbo hens are averaging about 3 pounds.

I know purchasing thru a hatchery can initially cost a little more. My past experiences have made it worth it for me. Just having exact dates, prices, quantities, and guarantees give me a good peace of mind on my investment. Not to mention the optional service of having your birds already vaccinated and proper papers documenting your breed for showing.

Theres a guy that sells ringnecks. He lives in sparta, tn. I paid 10.00 each for my birds. I dont think they are jumbos. Just regular size. When i bought mine he had plenty

Back
Top Bottom