How many years have you been raising chicks?

This is my second year raising chickens and my 4th batch of chicks all my chickens have names here they are Blossom Jessie Lily Marigold Hope Daffy Amelia violet NatNat Belle Tilda Leia and Evelyn they are jersey giants buff Orpingtons calico Cochins a frizzle and silkies! I love them all so much the older ones are lap chickens and the chicks enjoy sitting on our legs arms and laps two of my chickens enjoy standing or sitting on my shoulder or back they all like to nibble hair not really sure why it's mostly the buff Orpingtons!
Almost 2 years, now. I love your girls' names ♡

This is my second year raising chickens and my 4th batch of chicks all my chickens have names here they are Blossom Jessie Lily Marigold Hope Daffy Amelia violet NatNat Belle Tilda Leia and Evelyn they are jersey giants buff Orpingtons calico Cochins a frizzle and silkies! I love them all so much the older ones are lap chickens and the chicks enjoy sitting on our legs arms and laps two of my chickens enjoy standing or sitting on my shoulder or back they all like to nibble hair not really sure why it's mostly the buff Orpingtons!
This is my first year. I obtained my first batch in late February of this year. One died, then a friend got me four more. The neighbor's dog just killed two of them, so now I currently have five. This coming February, I'll get four more, hopefully, two more Rock Barreds, and two more Easter Eggers, which will give me a total of nine. I'm going to try a mixed flock, I think it's called "straight run," which means one or more may be a male. I'm trying to get a rooster to grow up with female companions. I hope this way, the rooster will be more tame???

Attachments

• IMG_4826.JPG
    IMG_4826.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 1
This is my first year. I obtained my first batch in late February of this year. One died, then a friend got me four more. The neighbor's dog just killed two of them, so now I currently have five. This coming February, I'll get four more, hopefully, two more Rock Barreds, and two more Easter Eggers, which will give me a total of nine. I'm going to try a mixed flock, I think it's called "straight run," which means one or more may be a male. I'm trying to get a rooster to grow up with female companions. I hope this way, the rooster will be more tame???
I’m not sure if it works that way? I think it really depends on the rooster. I have two that are so sweet and nice one still sits on my lap. They will be a year In February.

Back
Top Bottom