How Much do you all feed your chickens?

Hello!
I am wondering how much you all feed your chickens each day (free choice, 1/2 cup, ect). Any information is appreciated. Thank you!
My chickens, guineas, ducks and geese all self feed. They also free range but there isn't much value in that during the winter months when the ground is covered in snow and ice. I also give them a nightly treat of sunflower seeds and whole corn kernels. I only give the corn during the cold winter months.

I have four in my flock, all a few months shy of a year old. I feed fermented grower feed (with some mix-ins) 24oz per day free choice. Sometimes they eat every scrap and sometimes they leave 4-8oz when they go to sleep (though with longer days, they tend to finish their food more often). I also give them most garden scraps and sometimes they get leftovers and/or kitchen scraps. They also get treats (BSF larvae and wild bird seed) a few times a day, about a handful or two.

Hello!
I am wondering how much you all feed your chickens each day (free choice, 1/2 cup, ect). Any information is appreciated. Thank you!
Outs have the org a nic lay pellets whenever they want because they are on 4" PVC pipes. And we only have to fill once every 2 weeks

We don

I don't have a specific amount I feed them. I just let them eat out of feeder, and whenever they're hungry, they eat.
The feeder I put in today was a waste of food! They pecked inside and flung out the seeds! The pigeons will arrive soon to eat everything on the ground around the feeder!! I will go back to feeding the 2x's to 4xs a day. I have 2 girls and they are supposed to have a half a cup each. I give them a half in the morning around 5 am and then let them free range outside then I give them a few greens or watermelon and at 5 pm I give them the other half a cup of feed. It is summer here at the moment. Western Australia. When I feed them 4xs a day I give them a quarter of a cup each time. Sometimes a bit more and what they don't eat the wildlife birds will.
Hope that helps. 🙏

The feeder I put in today was a waste of food! They pecked inside and flung out the seeds! The pigeons will arrive soon to eat everything on the ground around the feeder!! I will go back to feeding the 2x's to 4xs a day. I have 2 girls and they are supposed to have a half a cup each. I give them a half in the morning around 5 am and then let them free range outside then I give them a few greens or watermelon and at 5 pm I give them the other half a cup of feed. It is summer here at the moment. Western Australia. When I feed them 4xs a day I give them a quarter of a cup each time. Sometimes a bit more and what they don't eat the wildlife birds will.
Hope that helps. 🙏
I believe chickens are said to eat 4 ounces by weight, not 1/2 cup by volume. Always go by weight,

For 11 chickens, sometimes I need 3 scoops of feed a day, sometimes 4. Four scoops is roughly 2.5 pounds.

This is for 5 hens, 5 pullets, and a rooster. Four of the pullets are Bielefelders, and they are known to eat a lot.

For 110 birds (over 30 are chickens; the rest are ducks and geese), I'm currently using 25lb of feed a day. This translates to 3-4 oz per bird. They free range and are fed twice a day.

They say one quarter pound per bird. I dont know how much of a cup that is🤷‍♀️
Mine seem content with it though

We free choice feed- chick grow and start 20% protein in 3 hanging feeders and one on ground. We have 20 girls, 2 pullets and 4 (8week old cockerels who are in the process of finding new homes).

And until the ravenous roos, we were going through roughly 50lbs a week. That was without wet mash, so some weeks it's 6days for a bag.

Our girls are Lt Brahmas X4, Olive Eggers x4, B.Orpingtons X4, Black Australorps x8. The pullets are Australorp/Orpington mix and Wyandotte/Orpington mix.

Attachments

• PXL_20240123_192115508.jpg
    PXL_20240123_192115508.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom