How much do you feed your ducks in cups

I think I'm going to try free choice food and see how it goes.... how do you guys do free choice food? I'm trying to say what do you use (feeders, ect.) and how do you have it set up?

Depending on how many ducks u have i recommend i cup of food per duck a day but make sure if u have a runt that they all get equally the same amount of food

Thanks....how old do they have to be before you figure out if they're male or female? Mine are approx 8-9 weeks old and are huge already (Pekin). I'm looking for the drake feather but they all appear to have a flipped up tail just not real curly. If thats the case I have 10 males!!!

When I let my ducks out in the morning, I give them fresh greens and let them forage. By the evening they are "starving" and I give them food, I am now measuring so it's about 1/4 cup per bird, with some calcium mixed in. My sister bought me one of those 5 lb bags of meal worms at TSC, so every couple of night they get some of those as well!

My boyfriend started a nano brewery and the ducks get the spent grains every so often...does anyone have experience with this as a food source for ducks??

Also, I've noticed my eggs aren't as large as a standard duck egg, could that be because they aren't eating enough or because they have only been laying since August?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom