How much to pay someone to hatch goose eggs for me?

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
Hi! So I have a friend that has been hatching goose eggs for me. (Sebastopol) and I have been offering her to keep a gosling from each hatch. I want to keep the next 2 hatches so how much should I offer to pay her? She's been amazing! She even does the whole taking them out and misting/cooling the eggs. Shes had a great hatch rate with them! Grateful for any input!

Hi! So I have a friend that has been hatching goose eggs for me. (Sebastopol) and I have been offering her to keep a gosling from each hatch. I want to keep the next 2 hatches so how much should I offer to pay her? She's been amazing! She even does the whole taking them out and misting/cooling the eggs. Shes had a great hatch rate with them! Grateful for any input!
Since this is your friend, you might just want to ask her what she thinks is reasonable. I'm sure you can come to some mutually-agreeable arrangement, even if it doesn't involve money (maybe she'd like to be repaid by a nice meal?).

Alternately, if you've been giving her a gosling from each hatch in "payment", figure out what the value of that gosling would be if you sold it, and offer her the equivalent.

Sounds like a good friend you have there...I hatch a lot of goose eggs, myself, and it's quite a commitment.

Back
Top Bottom