How my sub got stolen

May 5, 2018
It was a very warm August day. The sun was shining, clouds looked like puffed cotton balls floating in the sky. And I had just gotten back from subway with my favorite sub. It was 1 in the afternoon, and I usually keep my turkeys in their coop during this time since it’s veggie time, but I decided to let them out so they could snack on the extra bread crumbs from my sub. As I was sitting down on a lovely yard of soft grass, my female turkey, BabySweets, came over to me. Now I thought she was gonna be nice and greet me like she usually does. But she did something very unexpected. Climbing into my lap like she’s done dozens of times before, she looks me in the eye, and before I know it she flicks her wings out, hitting me directly in both eyes. I’m sitting there squinting, eyes almost closed and watering, and the next thing I know my sub is ripped from my hand! I finally compose myself and open my eyes to see her and my gobbler Nikolai, happily eating my sub. “BabySweets you did that on purpose!” I said. She merely looks up at me, putts a couple times, and then returns to eating my sub. Well, there went my lunch for that day.

Back
Top Bottom