How old are they?

Feltonistas

Chirping
Apr 28, 2020
Hello there, today I bought a few ducklings because they were in appalling conditions. The seller couldn't give me their age, I estimated around 1 month, what do you think?
P.s their enclosure is temporary, I will move them in a few hours, as soon as everything is ready for them

Attachments

• 20230922_152459.jpg
    20230922_152459.jpg
    907 KB · Views: 32
I would guess 3 or 4 weeks old. Good luck with them.
I only have adult ducks food, I ordered ducklings food but it's gonna take a week, do you think the adult duck food would be all right or will it be too much calcium for a week?

Do you not have feed stores where you live? A starter grower would be okay to use with added Nutritional yeast for the niacin they need.

Bless your heart for rescuing these little ones.

Do you not have feed stores where you live? A starter grower would be okay to use with added Nutritional yeast for the niacin they need.

Bless your heart for rescuing these little ones.
Unfortunately not, not one has starter grower, I fed the last ones a proper ducklings food, but I'm out since they've grown. I have immediately ordered some but it is going to take a while to get here. I hope it doesn't cause too much damage to the little ones

Do you have anything you could purchase locally? Flock Raiser or another type of all flock is a good choice for ducklings as well.
If you can only feed the layer try to find something to add niacin. What type of feed is it? The extra calcium isn't good for them, but a bigger concern would be if the food you have doesn't have the protein needed or is lacking nutrients.

I feed my adult ducks this, which is for 13 weeks onwards.
Screenshot_20230922_174949_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_174719_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_174719_Chrome.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1
Do you have anything you could purchase locally? Flock Raiser or another type of all flock is a good choice for ducklings as well.
If you can only feed the layer try to find something to add niacin. What type of feed is it? The extra calcium isn't good for them, but a bigger concern would be if the food you have doesn't have the protein needed or is

If you can only feed the layer try to find something to add niacin. What type of feed is it? The extra calcium isn't good for them, but a bigger concern would be if the food you have doesn't have the protein needed or is lacking nutrients.
I posted the ingredients, it says crude protein 15%, not sure if it's enough

The Purina duck is for all ages. I have used it with success for ducklings and adults. You might want to compare their label to yours. If they are similar, I wouldn’t worry. If something seems to low, you could add a treat which has that.

Back
Top Bottom