How old for dried mealworms, corn treats?

Aww, cute pictures! They seem to be getting along well in their new home.
smile.png
My hens are a year and a month old. I love them to bits!!
love.gif

I know! I cant wait to see if Mo stays bossy, if Buffy keeps following Mo around and if Etta keeps being a spastic fluffball! only time will tell! ill keep you posted!
cool.png

HI just reading through your thread and you stress adding grit - is this a special type of chicken grit? I do not see this at the pet store. my chick s are 5 weeks now and starting to hunt around for food in their shed . Is sand ok as there is lots of this already on the floor?? thanks

Hey there Twiga! I ordered chick grit from amazon but a lot of places supply it... i know mypetchicken.com has it (that is where I got my babies) or your local Agway probably sells it!! ** i read that an Agway somewhere had chicken feed and grit under grass fertilizer essentially poisoning the baby food!!! I guess you take that risk no matter where you buy from but it put a sour taste in my mouth...

this is what I bought... the chick grit is nice and small for their little beaks/ bellies :eek:) hope this helps
frow.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Manna-Pro-BC6...TF8&qid=1410964417&sr=8-1&keywords=chick+grit

HI just reading through your thread and you stress adding grit - is this a special type of chicken grit? I do not see this at the pet store. my chick s are 5 weeks now and starting to hunt around for food in their shed . Is sand ok as there is lots of this already on the floor?? thanks

Hi there Twiga!!
welcome-byc.gif

stasichick gave a good link on were to get the grit.
big_smile.png
I don't see ANY chicken products at our pet store, so we have to go to a feed store. Do you have a Tractor Supply Company near you? If not then you can just order it online.
smile.png
If you have any other questions feel free to ask! We are here to help!
smile.png

Thanks Stasichick and mypetnugget. I live in Holland so maybe a farm store will sell it - but my chickens are free ranging in the garden so maybe they are getting enough earth etc to do the job naturally? I don't give the adults grit - just layers pellets and free range foraging. Is grit also important for them?

Back
Top Bottom