How to add protein

Or maybe there is a computer program for it that isn't expensive. I haven't looked remotely recently.

An excel spreadsheet would, of course, be much easier than doing it with pencil and paper.

I do think there is a solution, I just don't know what all the pieces to it are. I've been looking for it (at a very slow pace), for about a year. If you find it, or more pieces to it, please let us know.

Rabbit is lean as no fats but highnprotine
Chicken is chicken chickens chicken eh

You can’t seems a bit steep I mean someone DOES to be able to sell it

Fish meal is full of impurities metals Kroc acid and normally harvested from waste and close shore fish all of which I can’t call organic clean or safe so I have to find alternatives
I fish I hunt and I farm so I have fish rabbit and chicken at hand
Before people buy food from shops they had to do it their self and before fish meal they had to too so it can’t be like it’s sworn agains ?

So would I add 30% more meat meal or just chuck them a carcass every few days ? Some say throw em all the road kill
I didn't say it couldn't be done. I said you can't.
Most of us don't have, can't justify the expense of, and don't have the training needed to nutritionally assay our food/ingredient sources. Unless you have a secret lab somewhere and commercial drying facilities for animal proteins?

As a practical matter, any mix we BYCers put together will, of necessity, be based on best guesses and average values, and will vary from batch to batch. Because our individual ingredients will vary in quality based on where and when harvested, individual cultivar, and a host of other factors.

@saysfaa has great advice above, about going to the old sources and trying to build from there, just be aware that many modern chickens have higher needs nutritionally in order to perform at their peak than those recipes were built for - but if you don't need modern levels of performance, you don't need to hit the modern targets for optimal feed performance.

However, most of the tests/methods on the linked page are not suitable for meat. Nor is it practical for most of us to dry and grind an animal protein source in quantities needed to make up a feed. Your better bet, most likely, is to grind your meat - extra moisture and all - into a fine paste with a serious food processor and then mix your dry ingredients into that. But it wil have a very short shelf life.

The rest of your post is largely unintelligible, so I'm going to ignore it.

just be aware that many modern chickens have higher needs nutritionally in order to perform at their peak than those recipes were built for -

An important point.

This book from 1921 is a serious explanation of how farmers could obtain a profitable 100 eggs per bird per year -- from LEGHORNS. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/poultry-for-the-farm-and-home.1443907/

A modern Brahma grown on commercial chick feed and fed commercial all-flock can lay that well (the worst layer in my flock). A modern Leghorn is expected to lay 300 eggs per year.

Since the old recipes were built before all of the nutrients were known, testing was not as complete or accurate, and they were meant for small-scale farmers as well as big operations - they may have wider margins build into them.

Compared to commercial feeds, anyway. I don't see much evidence that the people have come up with recipes because they don't want to use commercial feeds were thinking like that or considering as many factors.

Back
Top Bottom