How to Deal With Travel Stress in Baby Chicks

I am getting my chicks sometime in May too, I will be giving them Nutri- Drench plus Nutrena NatureWise medicated starter feed which has probiotics and prebiotics added to it, this feed will help them get stronger and healthier. I am getting 16 chicks so I think in this small scale, it is worth to make an investment in the feed.

Here's a proven, quality idea for giving your chicks a headstart when they reach your place.
Best,
Karen

Now that I have had my babies for a week and was able to test the Nutri-Drench on them, I am very pleased with the product and plan to use it whenever I get a box of chicks, new hatches, or any other time a chicken seems stressed. I gave it to them for the first five days in their water, and when they arrived i put a tiny amount in a cup and dipped each chick's beak in it along with a sip of their water. I wanted to get it directly in their systems ASAP since it was very cold and they were obviously all stressed. The majority of them perked right up. One arrived with spraddle leg and was very weak, but I babied it along with a few more doses of Nutri-Drench over the course of 2 days and it's now one of the strongest of the bunch. Three of the chicks got gradually weaker and direct applications of the product didn't prevent them from dying by day four. They never showed an interest in eating or drinking on their own so I can only assume they would have failed to thrive no matter what I did.

Anyway, I'm very glad I read this thread, so thanks for making it and suggesting such a great product! I never would have known about it otherwise.

Am I missing something Karen? Where's help? Not sure what you are talking about, maybe it's just me.

I ordered GroGel from Meyer when I ordered my chicks. This is my initial foray into chickens so they will be my first chicks ever! Is the product you are recommending something to give in addition to the GroGel? Or, is it kind of the same type of thing?

Back
Top Bottom