How to delete a post

I hit the pencil, backspaces the whole message then hit submit. It's still there. Also where do I go to learn how to post a pic. My pics show up as code and not a real pic like everyone else's. When the guy answered my question my pic was a real pic not coded. Thanks. Sorry for the dummy tech

I've just tried to delete my new post having found the 'edit pencil' so I was able to edit my original post. I was not allowed to submit the update having cleared the whole post. Said I can't post a blank message.

Howdy gr0m1t

The edited post can not be blank. After you have cleared the content, either type in a . [full stop] or Deleted or Removed and submit that.

welcome-byc.gif

Redsoxs is right, it takes a bit of practice to learn the ins and outs but before you know it, you'll be zipping around here like an old timer. About editing posts...I believe you can only do that if the post is less than 2 weeks old, after that it can't be edited (but you can always contact a moderator to help you out).

How do I delete a post or anything on a thread that I have said because I just can't find the pencil icon, thank you.

If it is your post the 'Pencil' should be bottom left hand side:

However, if the post is old [sorry, not sure of the time frame, may be a couple of days or weeks] it will no longer be able to be edited and the Pencil will have gone.

To make any changes after this time you will need to contact a Moderator.

Back
Top Bottom