How to get established flock to accept newbies.

So the hens have free range half the day and the chicks the rest of the day? I agree they need to get integrated but obviously it doesn't always go smoothly.

When you go on vacation will there be anyone to let the flock out, like a neighbor or friend?
Unfortunately no, but that is why I won't be gone longer than 3 days. I do have cameras in the coop area.

If you don't already have reservations made, I'd postpone for now. Or can you cobble together a makeshift run in the

If you don't already have reservations made, I'd postpone for now. Or can you cobble together a makeshift run in the time before you go?
I have come up with my solution. The established hens are in a separate pen divided by their feeder and waterer. Giving the newer chickens a bit larger area. This is the best I could do. I could have sold the hens and had offers. I love my chickens and didn't want to part with them if I didn't have to. Thank You for everyones advise.

I have come up with my solution. The established hens are in a separate pen divided by their feeder and waterer. Giving the newer chickens a bit larger area. This is the best I could do. I could have sold the hens and had offers. I love my chickens and didn't want to part with them if I didn't have to. Thank You for everyones advise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504_210435_Ring.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504_210435_Ring.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom