how to get him to stop attacking me!

My drake tries to be bossy, and I just stand up tall and walk towards him, he usually turns and moves away from me. He has his 2 ladies that he likes to protect. He's never bitten or grabbed onto me though. But I don't try to handle him either. He has plenty of room to move away from me when I go in his pen. I also provide treats which seems to keep me the good guy

My drake tries to be bossy, and I just stand up tall and walk towards him, he usually turns and moves away from me. He has his 2 ladies that he likes to protect. He's never bitten or grabbed onto me though. But I don't try to handle him either. He has plenty of room to move away from me when I go in his pen. I also provide treats which seems to keep me the good guy
I wish I could just stand tall and walk towards him lol but anytime I walk, he hops on my feet and won't let me move and I try my best not to step on his little feet because he walks in front of me and bites me, even when I first walk in there and I don't do anything, he just attacks me ToT

I wish I could just stand tall and walk towards him lol but anytime I walk, he hops on my feet and won't let me move and I try my best not to step on his little feet because he walks in front of me and bites me, even when I first walk in there and I don't do anything, he just attacks me ToT
Honestly I'd just step on his feet. He'll learn to get out of the way

Do you have one of those... pool noodles? Those floaty things? I've heard they're helpful to spook abusive ducks away. Or a broom, anything like that. You don't want to hit him, just push him away or shield yourself. It may also spook him so he gives you space.

Do you have one of those... pool noodles? Those floaty things? I've heard they're helpful to spook abusive ducks away. Or a broom, anything like that. You don't want to hit him, just push him away or shield yourself. It may also spook him so he gives you space.
I don't have a pool noodle but I had gone outside earlier and found a cool stick and I went to go say hello to them before going back inside and I still had the stick and it actually scared him and I wasn't even in their pen--
I do have an extra broom too I could use lol
I've also noticed anytime I spook him, he leaves me alone for the rest of the day and just follows Newt around. I brought them their pool and it scared the heck out of both of them and he didn't mess with me again until the next day..

Well this is just solidified our choice not to get a drake. It's enough to get groped at work, but I don't know that I'd want it at home too. Keep us updated on what works!
It's not a sure thing, by any means. I've had several drakes and not one of them has been aggressive towards me.

Well this is just solidified our choice not to get a drake. It's enough to get groped at work, but I don't know that I'd want it at home too. Keep us updated on what works!
Lol, it all depends on what drake you get to be honest.
Buzzard has always been pretty feisty since the day he hatched but he can be a total sweetheart when he wants, its just his hormones kicked in but I get what you mean.

We didn't want any drakes , simply because we don't want any little Hennifers running around. 1 diva in our flock is quite enough! Also we were just concerned about any issues that would come up during mating season. Being first time duck owners we thought it would be way too much on our plate at this juncture. Maybe down the road when we're a little more seasoned there might be a man for our girls but not right now.

Back
Top Bottom