how to get him to stop attacking me!

Well this is just solidified our choice not to get a drake. It's enough to get groped at work, but I don't know that I'd want it at home too. Keep us updated on what works!
It helps if the drakes aren't hand raised/imprinted on you. It really varies drake to drake....
But you certainly don't need any boys in your flock unless you want them.
...hope you're okay at work!

It helps if the drakes aren't hand raised/imprinted on you. It really varies drake to drake....
But you certainly don't need any boys in your flock unless you want them.
...hope you're okay at work!
I work in healthcare, we get a lot of older gentlemen who have no idea what's going on. They'll just reach out and grab. 😒 Still I couldn't imagine coming home and then being humped by my duck 😭

Well this is just solidified our choice not to get a drake. It's enough to get groped at work, but I don't know that I'd want it at home too. Keep us updated on what works!
If you do not hand raise and allow to imprint they won’t be rapey and aggressive towards humans. This is what happens when you allow drakes as ducklings to imprint. I have never once had a drake attack me and I don’t allow them to imprint. I love my ducks, but I do not allow them to see me as a flock member because I am not one.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I’m not saying every hand raised drake will be human aggressive. What I am saying is the only cases I have seen where a drake is human aggressive the drake was hand raised/imprinted.

Last edited:
Honestly dunno what I'm gonna do with him 😅
I've used sticks to push him away, I've used a broom to push him away but he always ends up getting to my feet and trying to mate with me..
I think my last option is trying to get him to mate with Newt but I'm not sure how as they both seem to have no interest in each other.
Does anyone know how to get those two to mate? They have a pool in their enclosure but any time Buzzard is in it, Newt jumps out of it..

Don't go in their enclosures with any type of shoe where your feet are exposed. I wear boots year round it can get hot but at least my feet aren't being eaten. Were these 2 raised together?

Don't go in their enclosures with any type of shoe where your feet are exposed. I wear boots year round it can get hot but at least my feet aren't being eaten. Were these 2 raised together?
Yeah I've never worn shoes where my feet are exposed around them that would be bad lol

They were sorta raised together.. Newt hatched in July and Buzzard hatched in September, so a two month difference.
I did show introduce Newt to Buzzard when he was still very tiny (but of course where she couldn't get him, just so she can see that he exists) and once he was big enough to be with Newt, they started living together but Newt was sorta spoiled throughout those two months so she was quite upset when she realized there would be another duck.
They both are fine with each other since they live together, I never see them fighting (Newt used to jump on top of him but not anymore) but I don't think they are interested in each other.

I don't know what to tell you, I can't understand why they aren't mating this is peak hormone season and they should be mating. Have you tried picking him up and tossing him in the pool? I can do this with my Muscovy drake and it usually stops his behavior for a while.

I don't know what to tell you, I can't understand why they aren't mating this is peak hormone season and they should be mating. Have you tried picking him up and tossing him in the pool? I can do this with my Muscovy drake and it usually stops his behavior for a while.
Yeah I've tossed him in the pool a few times but he always jumps out and runs back to my shoes. The only way I can get out of their enclosure is to take him out with me and then toss him back in and close the door before he can get back to me 🥲
I dunno what to do with him. I honestly really love him, he was super sweet before mating season and I hope he'll be the same after since I don't want to rehome him because I don't think anyone would take him if he continues to be so aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom